You have gifts to share with the world and my job is to help you get them out there.read more
If you’re familiar with my work, you know money is a topic I like to revisit. Why? Because our educational system barely touches it. Many of us absorb some pretty unproductive beliefs and behaviors around money from our families, friends and society. Beyond your health (physical, mental, emotional)…
The single most important thing you can do for yourself is to take control of your money.
Today’s MarieTV guest is Amanda Steinberg, and she’s here to help you do just that. Amanda is best known for her book, Worth It: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms, and her financial media platform for women, Daily Worth (which she sold in July 2018 to Jean Chatzky).
But she wasn’t always an expert on money management.
Far from it. In fact, Amanda and I have something in common: we both used to be horrible with money.
Get Over Your Fear of Money With Amanda Steinberg
Amanda will be the first to tell you — if you want to improve your money management skills, you’re going to have to overcome that fear or intimidation you feel around money.
I can relate. When I first started my business, I was deep in debt and felt an enormous amount of shame and embarrassment around my finances.Starting to save is the most important thing you can do. @AmandaSteinberg Click To Tweet
But I made a promise to get myself educated and do the work. No matter how long it took — I was determined to turn my financial life around. Once that began to happen, I also wanted to pay it forward. That’s why I keep talking about this topic. It’s such a huge part of our lives and we’ve still got a lot of work to do.
For instance, did you know that:
- 2/3rds of the American population would struggle to find $1,000 for an emergency fund.
- In a 2017 report, half of all American households live paycheck to paycheck.
- 49% of Americans are concerned, anxious or fearful about their financial wellbeing.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Today’s interview with Amanda Steinberg will show you how. If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to getting out of debt, saving or investing, watch this now. You’ll discover:
- How to understand your net worth and why it’s important (Amanda’s explanation is simple and to the point)
- Whether you should pay off your debt first or start to save — a clear answer on this one!
- Why chasing more money isn’t the answer
- How to budget when you don’t have a steady paycheck
- Amanda’s surprising personal goal of living on just 50% of her income and the interesting impact it’s had on her kids
- Plus 3 tips specifically for entrepreneurs to help you take care of your finances now
If you’ve just discovered our world and want to dive deeper into the money conversation, check out our other MarieTV episodes about money here.
Once you’ve had a chance to watch, I’d love to hear from you. Which part of today’s conversation meant the most to you, and why? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Share as much detail as you can. Thousands of incredible souls come here each week for insight and inspiration and your story may be just what someone else needs to have a major breakthrough.
Important: please share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. may be removed.
Thank you as always for reading, watching and sharing your voice.
You continue to make this one of the best and brightest communities across the entire online Universe.
With so much love,