You have gifts to share with the world and my job is to help you get them out there.read more
The world’s wealthiest countries have donated trillions of dollars in foreign aid but billions still struggle to survive, both abroad and here in the U.S.
Though our efforts to eradicate poverty haven’t worked yet, my guest today offers her evidence-based, economically sustainable solution. (Proving once again that, yes, everything is figureoutable 🙏🏽. )It’s about our collective imagination and building the kind of economic system that we all want to live in. @leila_c Click To Tweet
She’s one of the most intelligent, articulate and driven human beings I’ve ever met. In today’s MarieTV, Leila talks about why we must Give Work if we want to end poverty and transform the lives of billions.
- The surprising wake-up call she got while volunteering in Ghana.
- Why work is at the core of human dignity (and why it’s so much more important than any hand-out).
- How a piece of hate mail from a guy named Joe led to an incredible transformation in her organization.
- The surprising similarities between running a nonprofit and a for-profit.
- Why it’s crucial not to “otherize” the people we help and why service is never mutually exclusive.
- Most important, you’ll learn how you can become part of the solution to ending global poverty — for good.
Check out this episode on The Marie Forleo PodcastListen Now
Once you’ve watched, I’d love to hear from you. Which insight or aha was most impactful to you and why? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Remember, share as much detail as possible in your reply. Thousands of incredible souls come here each week for insight and inspiration, and your story may help someone else have a meaningful breakthrough.
Important: share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. will be removed.
Make no mistake. We have the power to end poverty during our lifetime.
As Give Work teaches us — when you give work, you give people the freedom to choose how to develop their own communities. When you give work, you create infinite possibilities.
We must never forget that we belong to one human family.
As Leila so perfectly puts it, “It’s about our collective imagination and building the kind of economic system that we all want to live in.”
Speaking of giving work, our company is hiring. Learn more and apply here.
With endless ❤️,