You have gifts to share with the world and my job is to help you get them out there.read more
Ever wonder what extraordinarily successful people are really like? Who is the real person behind the magazine covers and legendary stats? You probably know of Tim Ferriss: author of four #1 NY Times bestsellers, tech investor, speaker and host of his wildly popular podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show.
But did you know he struggles with bipolar depression and, at one point, meticulously planned his suicide? As he says, “It was really just a matter of luck that I didn’t wind up erasing myself.”
Or that his first mega-hit, The 4-Hour Workweek, was rejected 27 times? And that he still gets rejected till this day?
When he asked me to be in his latest book, Tribe of Mentors, I was honored. Tim is an incredible human. We’ve been friends for over a decade. In this episode he’s more open and real than I’ve ever seen him.
Fire up a fresh pot of coffee, grab a notebook, and strap yourself in for one of the most epic MarieTV interviews ever. You’ll learn:
- The truth about Tim’s struggle with bipolar depression and suicide
- How to overcome your fears (and why you should focus on “fear-setting” instead of “goal-setting”)
- The “a-ha” moment 2 years ago that turned him into a hardcore advocate for self love
- How to build a rock-solid writing routine
- Why he writes his books “out of order” — plus a ton of actionable writing tips you can use no matter what you’re creating
- The wrong way to think about marketing your books or products and what to focus on instead
- And so much more
Yes, this conversation is longer than our typical MarieTV Interviews, but very worth your time. Particularly if you’re a writer or creative of any kind. Because this tweetable is worth it’s weight in gold:
Now, I’d love to hear from you!
In the last five years — what new belief, behavior or habit has most improved your life?
Remember, share as much detail as possible in your reply. Thousands of beautiful souls come here for insight and inspiration. Your story may spark a breakthrough for someone who really needs it.
Please put your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. will be removed.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for adding your voice and experience to this community. You make it one of the most powerful and supportive places across the internet.
With endless love and appreciation,