If you could wave a magic wand…
What kind of world would you want to live in?
Change-makers Tammy Tibbetts & Christen Brandt dream of a world where every girl is educated, respected, and heard. A world where women are able to create change. A world where girls everywhere are safe and loved.
For 11 years, they’ve worked toward that vision, leading social change through She’s the First — a non-profit I’ve supported since 2014 alongside Michelle Obama, the United Nations, Diane von Fürstenberg, and more than 200 campus chapters worldwide.
She’s the First finds, funds, and supports local organizations to educate and empower girls, so one day we can live in a world where every girl can choose her own future.
After more than a decade leading the way, Tammy and Christen know what it takes to create positive lasting change and that everyone’s contribution matters. They’re on MarieTV today debuting their new book, Impact: A Step-By-Step Plan to Create the World You Want to Live In.
If you know you’re meant to make a difference but aren’t sure how, this conversation is a must-watch.
- Three reasons well-meaning people get stuck.
- How to discover your own special gift.
- A visualization exercise to uncover your calling.
- How being voted “most shy” in high school inspired a global movement.
- How to hold healthy boundaries without becoming defensive.
- What to say when someone “shoulds” on you.
- The difference between a Band-Aid and a long-term fix — and why we need both.
- Why good intentions aren’t enough.
- The critical difference between helping, fixing, and serving.
- Why 2020 is our “masterclass in resilience.”
Tammy and Christen walk their talk and will inspire you to make the difference you were born to make.
But don’t worry — they won’t tell you to find the perfect cause, donate all your money to charity, or volunteer every night and weekend.
As Tammy says, “No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
Hit play to watch now or listen on The Marie Forleo Podcast to find YOUR something.