How To Grow Your Business Without Working More

Today is a pretty exciting day for me. I’ll tell you why in a minute….

But first, I want to talk about a really important issue for anyone who’s starting “their own thing” or who’s been running a small business and wants to take it to the next level.

This is one of those rookie mistakes that many of us make (I certainly did!) and it can put you out of business fast, unless you get it handled.

In today’s video, we’re talking about how to grow your business without working more. Specifically, I dive into a vegetarian and organic catering company in the Netherlands that’s been in business for exactly one year – but the owner is up to her veggie eyeballs running it.

Pay attention around the 1:59 minute mark. I share an important concept about getting honest about WHO your business is benefiting. This is crucial if you want others to buy into your vision and help you grow.

Here’s the link to the video I mention in the video.

Bonus resource:  I get pretty excited about business (as you probably know :)) so you’ll also get a quick lesson in how to write a killer ‘help wanted’ ad that’s designed to attract superstars who will happily help you grow to the next level.

Here’s the ad for your cutting and pasting pleasure.

WANTED: Passionate Vegetarian Cooks To Spread Happiness In The Netherlands

Are you wild about organic, vegetarian food? Does the sound of harvesting fresh vegetables and creating mouthwatering, healthy recipes sound like a dream? Then you may have stumbled upon the job opportunity of a lifetime. Here’s why.

We’re a fast growing vegetarian and organic catering service in the Netherlands and we’re looking for a few ambitious, like-minded, client-focused superstars to add to our culinary team.

If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way our country eats, one delicious organic bite at a time, then reach out now.

Warning: we are an uber committed company. If you’re just looking for any old job or a little extra cash, this isn’t right for you (no personal drama or lazy people, please).

If you want to be a part of a creative, fast-paced environment that will bring out your best, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Go here and fill out our online application and tell us who you are and why you’re perfect to join us. We’ll be reaching out to ideal candidates within the next week.

If you want to put these ideas into practice right away, I’m throwing down an ‘ad writing’ challenge in the comments below. I’d love to see what you come up with!

P.S.  That thing I’m so excited about? My annual event – Rich Happy & Hot LIVE is now open for registration. The speaker list is beyond. You can see all the speakers and get your tickets here.

Laura Ribas

Very interesting concept about having a Why for your business that benefits everyone not only you… !so your bussiness will work for you instead of the other way round! It really got me thinking…

Lara Berg

Hi Laura!

Check out the book ‘Start With Why’ by Simon Sinek. And while you’re at it, feel free to join the Facebook group for the WHY movement called ‘Share WHY.’ Lots of entrepreneurs and businesspeople who are very passionate about the true power of WHY, sharing WHYs, and helping each other build out and make our WHYs more clear :)

Enjoy!

Also, Simon is speaking at http://www.rhhlive.com this October! He’s doing a special workshop to help us all find our WHY! You guys should come ;)

Ashley Karr

Here’s my copy as I look for help with my business…

If health and happiness were something you could GET, they would be on sale at WAL-MART and everyone would have a pair. That’s the bad news. The good news is you can BE healthy and happy. Ashley Wellness Coaching can help.

So, do you want to help Ashley Wellness Coaching spread health and happiness like organic almond butter on toast? Are you committed, passionate, healthy, happy, funny, and upfront? Are you looking for a way to help others learn to be the same? Send me your resume and some samples of your work. I will be in touch soon. In the meantime, SMILE :)

Hey Ashley – great first go. I’d suggest being a little more specific about who you’re looking for (admin, copywriter, life coach with experience) and what they may be doing. Also, I would lead with your category or niche.

Fajr | Stylish Thought

Marie, you always rock my socks! This is great advice and something I have been toying with for awhile. I’ve been doing a few interviews and features to generate content as well as looking for guest bloggers and other writers to be on the Stylish Thought team! I am a control freak so loosening the reigns is not going to be easy, but I’m really looking to take my blog to the next level.

Also, I have a question, how do you take your company to the next level without feeling like all you care about it success or being ambitious? I recently wrote a post on this, but know you will have an amazing answer!

Lots of digital love,
Fajr

It comes back to the bigger purpose behind your business. Always keep the focus on making a difference. For what it’s worth, being ambitious is not a bad thing! ;)

Fajr | Stylish Thought

Very true! Hope to see you at RHH! Saving my coins as I type :)

I really like your question…and it reminds me of a video Marie did a few months ago that really resonated with me: http://marieforleo.com/2011/05/wanting-youre-ungrateful/

Maybe this will help with your question. :)

Nicky Moran

Great video and very timely for me Marie! I was thinking about this question myself today as I was considering hiring a PA – I’m going to write an ad now! Another point to add is to be conscious when hiring someone to focus on complimenting your skills (or the areas where you have less skills) – i.e, most small business owners are big picture people – so to hire a second in command, it’s worth finding someone who’s dynamite with the detail!.. Thanks for all these great videos – You’re an inspirational lady. Nicky x

Heather Allard

Marie!

I just hired a site manager after FOUR years of doing EVERY DAMN THANG myself. I can feel the freedom already…ahhhhhhhh. :)

Thanks for the ever-kickass help. As always, you rock. (And you look HOT! LOL.)

Thank you Heather ;) It actually was REALLY hot (temp wise) when we shot, hence my ‘let’s cruise around the boardwalk’ get up!

Heather Allard

LOL. You rocked the look. ;-)

I loved your outfit too! Care you share with us ladies where you found that super cute romper?? (I assume it’s a romper). :) I feel bad posting about fashion when the video was so obviously awesome…but a girl’s gotta look good too. :)

Stacey - Midwife for Your Life

Your timing is perfect, as always, Marie!

I’d like to add a new FABULOUS team member soon, and this is an excellent exercise to gain clarity on exactly who I want to attract.

Here’s my first swing at an ad:

Midwife for Your Life is looking for a new member of our team. The ideal candidate…

• Has client care and administrative experience

• Knows their way around Internet Marketing technology like shopping carts, HTML, Wordpress and social media (you don’t have to be a super-expert with the techy stuff, just comfortable)

• Can infuse their print & phone communication with the warmth, caring & fun you’ve come to expect from the Midwife for Your Life brand

• Is an independent contractor

• Has ample space in their schedule for 30-40 hours of work per month

• Is self-directed, takes ownership of projects and looks for opportunities to take more responsibility

• Is positive and solution-focused

• Is excited about being a part of a fast-growing organization dedicated to empowering spirit-driven women around the world

If you want to be a part of a creative, fast-paced environment that will bring out your best, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Go here and fill out our online application and tell us who are you and why you’re perfect to join us. We’ll be reaching out to ideal candidates within the next week.

(Your last paragraph was such a perfect summary, I swiped it! :-) Thanks again for everything!

Well done Stacey! Then drive to some kind of survey or application and you’ll be golden.

Olga Tsygankova

Hi, Marie,

Really liked this video, I’m sure it’s very important for each of us to hire help and stop doing everything on our own! Sometimes it’s a really big step to take, both financially and mentally)) If you are recruiting, it means you’re a REAL business, and, I’m sure, many of us are still afraid to take that responsibility.

Vidette Vanderweide

Wow…what an amazing vid this week. This is EXACTLY a problem that I deal with simply because I’m afraid to “let go” of control. My biz is my baby, on top of two real ones, and as I am with my two “real” kids, I’m afraid to hand over any responsibility to just anyone. Letting go is still a lesson I’m learning as a mom and as an entrepreneur. LOVED the ad and believe it’s time to implement something like it!

Romilda

THANK YOU, MARIE!!!
I think I’m starting to get it! Just got back today from a amazingly inspiring week in Italy (the fooood!!!) and am reading some Richard Branson books. I think I’m getting the bigger picture. Your answer just confirms what I have been thinking about. So thanks so much and the timing couldn’t have been better! Love, Romilda

Romilda

oh and great add, I’ll put it to good use!

GOOD Romilda! Great to hear it. And keep us updated with your business woman. By the way – go get your gravatar http://en.gravatar.com/ so we can see your face when you comment!

Stacy

Another great video, Marie! I haven’t yet hired out but I have looked through fiverr.com which allows people to offer services for $5. There is some really interesting stuff on there! That is probably where I will start!

It’s a great opportunity for those needing services and those offering them as well because they can get the word out about what they do and get some good referrals.

Lara Berg

Hi beautiful ladies!

I recently put together an ‘Intern Strategy’ that has worked really well. I posted an ad on http://www.internships.com, and also contacted Universities that have intern programs. I have brought on a very awesome and knowledgeable young lady who just really wants to learn, be part of a team, and our vision…a.k.a our WHY. And she’s totally rock’in our social media channels!

We now have her deploying the ‘Intern Strategy’ to find the next A+ Intern. And she also will receive $ based on the results that she initiates. For example, one of her social media strategies is working well, therefore, she will receive a % of sales for her smarts & efforts. Call it an Incubator for Entrepreneurs :)

Keep on, keep’in on :)

GREAT resource and strategy Lara! Thank you – just gave me some great ideas ;)

Lara Berg

Most welcome, Marie! So happy to help :)

This is a great concept Lara!

dottywine

Heh, I wish MORE people looking for interns used your strategy! I’d love to work for them!!

Lara Berg

We’re looking for the next A+ intern, dottywine. Do feel free to connect with me :)laracberg@gmail.com … Cheers~

Fajr | Stylish Thought

Great concept Laura! Love incentivizing to cultivate intern’s expertise. When I’m ready for interns I will surely use this!

Lara Berg

Fabulous! Have fun :) Ps. Super like your recent blog post on DJ Diamond Kuts.

Danish Kapur (DK)

Nice video! One typo in the letter you wrote!!! In the second last time, it should be “and” instead of “are”. “And why you are perfect to join us”!!!

Danish Kapur

I mean the one moving in the video

Oh boy – we can’t fix that one, but I DID catch a little “papa smurf” word twist moment in the blog. Thank you for letting us know ;)

Fabulous video, as always, Marie! ;)

And thanks for sharing your ad to use as a guide – I swiped the whole thing and tweaked it up for what I need. ;-P This was great timing, as I’ve been meaning to get something up on my Romantic Games site to get some guest bloggers. Now I have a fancy schmancy ad to use – hurray! ;)

Here it is:

WANTED: Passionate Relationship Writers To Spread Happiness & Romance on the Web

Are you wild about passionate, healthy, romantic relationships? Does writing for an audience of couples looking for your relationship ideas, advice and expertise sound like a dream? Then you may have stumbled upon the writing opportunity of a lifetime. Here’s why.

We’re a fast growing blog for couples who are looking for ideas and advice to improve their relationship and spice up their love life. And we’re looking for a few ambitious, quality, value-focused superstars to add to our writing team.

If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be part of an online community that is making a difference in couples’ relationships, one juicy tip at a time, then reach out now.

Warning: we are committed to providing QUALITY and VALUE through our blog and email newsletters. If you’re just looking for any old writing gig where you can churn out fluff and drive some traffic or make an extra buck or two, this isn’t right for you. Good grammar, spelling and quality content are a must.

If you want to be part of a creative, sexy, expanding community that will help you to grow as a writer, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Go here and fill out our online application and tell us who you are and why you’re perfect to join us: http://www.romanticgamesforcouples.com/write-for-romantic-games. We’ll be reaching out to ideal candidates within the next few days.

Elsa

First off: today’s q&a video was killer as usual!

Second: Russel *fuckin* Simmons!!!! You are somethin else! Lookin forward to RHH live now more than ever!!

xx,
E

Maryellen Smith

Great idea to write an ad Marie. Even if you’re not at the point where you can hire someone you know how to tell people where your business is headed.

Heidi DeCoux

Taking a risk and hiring an amazing staff was the best business decision I have ever made.

Can’t wait for RHH Live!

This was excellent information Marie! I’m not looking for help just yet, but likely in the near future for my design business. Thank you for sharing this example, I’m bookmarking it! xo

Stormy Sweitzer

Thank you for the great wanted ad example and the refocus on WHY. Sheesh – I may have to write a wanted ad for myself just as a reminder of “why” I am doing what I’m doing!

Terry Crowe

Very good. I’m going through the process right now of retooling my business so that I can enjoy life and not get sucked into a situation where I work, work, work and have no time for my family or myself.

Been there, done that, trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks, Marie.

Stephanie

Hey Marie, can you give us a link to the ‘Why’ video you referenced this this video? I thought this one was great and want to watch that one as well. Thanks!

Hey Stephanie! We just annotated the video so the direct link from the video is now inside (yay!) It’s also here: http://marieforleo.com/2011/05/single-important-factor-business/

Tina Su

Tuesdays are my favs, because it’s “Q&A Tuesday!” Seriously.

Awesome video as always. I’m just about to work on a job description for my company, so this comes at the perfect timing (as always, it seems).

Can you link the video that you referenced in this vid? The video on why you’re doing what you’re doing (I believe).

Warmly,
Tina

Jill

got the flutters as soon as I clicked on the RHH event info. and could barely read through all the amazing speaker/event details before I searched for the where do I pay button! I am thrilled to be coming to this event and have no doubt that it will change my life and my business.

looking forward to being – Rich, Happy & Hot!!

Meg

Thanks, Marie, for an excellent and timely video. I am working on a launch plan for new real estate agents and was at precisely this point in my writing: Defining WHY you are in business. This was great inspiration!

Galina

Perfectly timed message! Thank you Marie for great tips (as always). We are looking for sales people right now and this ad challenge gives me a chance to write a perfect ad ;) Let’s see what you think:
WANTED: Passionate and enthusiastic Health and Fitness Sales Representative to spread the message about corrective fitness.
Are you wild about fitness? Do you enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over? Does helping people to conquer their physical obstacles sound like a dream? If you are go getter and not afraid of generous 100% commission pay structure, then you may have stumbled upon the job opportunity of a lifetime. Here’s why.
SportZal, a corrective fitness studio, has an ambitious goal to become a leader in a corrective fitness field and we’re looking for a few ambitious, like-minded, client-focused superstars to add to our sales team.
If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way people exercise, then reach out now. You have an amazing opportunity to join our team at the beginning of its journey and grow with it.
Warning: we are a startup and don’t have time to waste. If you’re just looking for any old job or a little extra cash, this isn’t right for you (no personal drama or lazy people, please).
If you want to be a part of a creative, fast-paced environment that will bring out your best, if you are ambitious and confident in your sales skills, then you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Tell us who you are and why you’re perfect to join us by sending an email with your resume to galinafed@gmail.com

patsy evins

Wonderful thoughts to ponder!
My dilemma is balancing time. I could easily spend 40 hours a week on creating my glass artwork beads. I also have a blog, facebook, twitter. I am starting to sell at bead shows in the next couple of months. I am in the building stage of income earning with my business and can not afford to hire. Any suggestions on where to put my time that will be the most valuable in promoting my business?

Tracey Fieber

Patsy,
Face-to-face or word of mouth is the fastest way to bring in business. My suggestion would be to bring in the business, and hire someone on an as-needed basis as your income allows. Otherwise you will see the ups-and-downs in income when you do the work (since you’re not bringing in income and can’t be in two places at one time).

Kelley Stewart

Ok Marie…here’s my first shot at the ad!

Wanted: Outgoing & Compassionate Animal Lovers to Join Our Team of Pet Care Professionals in East Central Indiana

Our client-focused company provides convenient pet care services, affordably and dependably. We believe that all pets and farm animals deserve to be treated with respect and compassion, regardless of breed or species.

If you’d rather spend your Friday nights scooping poop, teaching a dog to walk politely on leash, collecting chicken eggs, loving on a lonely kitty or writing informative pet-related stores, go here to download an application.

We’re looking for fun, outgoing, dependable and trustworthy animal-loving individuals to join our team. Candidates should be ‘go-getters’ with a ‘can-do’ attitude. They should be self-motivated and have a flexible schedule. A dependable vehicle with insurance is necessary and a clean criminal background is a must. Being able to handle a variety of animals ranging from unsocialized/untrained dogs to diabetic cats and horses with attitude is a BIG plus. AND…if you’re a writing guru, we haven’t forgotten about you! Creating interesting, informative and eye-catching stories/articles/blogs is one area where you could show your writing skills.

Bring your talents to the table and send us your application at your earliest convenience. We’ll be contacting ideal candidates within the week.

sit-stay-play In-home pet sitting & more.LLC | http://www.sit-stay-play.com
“Your pet sitting, dog walking, poop scooping specialists!”
Serving Muncie and all of east central Indiana

Galina

Love it! :)

Djanira

Great advert and awesome sounding company Kelley

I think there’s a typo at the end of the third paragraph. Should it be stories rather than stores??

ie writing informative pet-related stories

Prada Madonna

Perfect timing Marie! I just hired a writer to assist me with my gossip blog. News travels so fast these days and I can’t keep up with it all.
I can’t do EVERYTHING myself. Balance is key.
You rock as always!
Kisses,
Prada

Tracey Fieber

Great video, Marie. We’re creating vids over the next couple weeks as part of our marketing strategy, to help get the word out about our business. The comments here reaffirm that our service is needed by oh-so-many — “afraid to hand over the responsibility”, “hire help and stop doing everything on our own”, “not get sucked into a situation where you work, work, work (been there, done that)”.

We have a complete ‘plug-in’ management service done-for-you, and we now need to hire an Executive Assistant (for me in my business) so this video of yours is perfect timing!

Here’s the ad I created:

WANTED: Passionate ‘Contract’ Executive Assistant Onsite in Estevan

Are you highly proficient in all that you do? Do you love to pay close attention to the details, amd often wonder how others can get by with only doing the bare minimum? Does being able to take a project and run with it sound like a dream? Then you may have stumbled upon the job opportunity of a lifetime. Here’s why.

We’re a fast growing Business Solutions service in Estevan and we’re looking for an ambitious, like-minded, client-focused superstar to add to our on-site team.

If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way business owners manage their business, then reach out NOW.

Warning: we are a fast-paced, very committed company. If you’re just looking for any old job or a little extra cash, this isn’t right for you (no personal drama or lazy people, please).

If you want to be a part of a creative, fast-paced environment that will bring out your best, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Email your resume to Tracey@TraceyFieber.com and tell us who you are and why you’re perfect to join us. We’ll be reaching out to ideal candidates within the next week.

Carol

Marie! You do it every time. Your timing is impeccable. lI have an appointment tomorrow with the career development adviser at the Art Institute in Charleston to outline my needs. Here is my version thank you very much!!

What do you want to explore?

WANTED: Creative, imaginative, inventive and perhaps unorthodox individual who is a pro at social marketing and technology; capable of designing a blog with element that allow RRS feeds, video, music as well as video production, photography and newsletter management.

Perhaps you’re a student looking for an internship that will give you experience with small business development that can catapult into a successful multi-media venture. Imagine your resume with that under your belt.

Or perhaps you’re a graduate excited to offer your abilities and see your creative contributions affect a change in the business as well as the world and with that your part time position develops into a full time position.

If you are just looking for a job for a little extra cash, this isn’t right for you. (no drama or lazy people please.)

Into the Tangled Garden is a committed company with a purpose. We want to make the world a better place and the way we do that is by working with individuals who are looking to create a better, more fulfilling and meaningful life for themselves. Start with Self and move it forward.

We create and teach others to open to their muse, to create, to think in a different way, to challenge their B.S. ( belief system ) and push beyond their comfort zone. We “empower” and that’s what it’s all about, having more empowered people means they empower others and that’s how the shift happens.

If you want to be a part of an exciting adventure and feel comfortable in a co-creative environment please contact me directly or through Anita Small. We’re looking to fill this position within the next week.

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE this video Marie!
Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom :)
So true about the “WHY”. Common sense that is not so common.

Also, coming to terms with the fact that I can’t do everything myself
has been a recent eye-opener. Thank you for the reminder.

Tara

Love it Marie! Thank you for reminding me to begin with the end in mind. I’m feeling so invigorated as I start pitching clients and editors for my professional writing business. Right now I’m in the market for clients, with a vision to one day (soon) be in the market for employees and collaborators.

Wanted: Creative clients who are seeking savvy, creative, cool, business minded, professional writer and social media manager. My goal: connect great people to great information. You goal: spend more time on the stuff you love.

That’s what I’m sending out to the universe today.

Much aloha your way,

Tara

I’ve been totally procrastinating getting a V.A despite being in the process for about a month. I KNOW it’s going to take me to the next level and a part of me is a little scared about giving up control to someone else (and it’s going to make me much more accountable too!).

Wanted – enthusiastic and positive person with a fantastic attitude wanted to help grow a company all about inspiring and empowering women to live the life of their dreams.

Jennifer P

I have been following you for a while now and finally coughed up enough courage to respond to one of your blogs. I really love your advice, your enthusiasm and encouragement, however I am still a bit perplexed as to how a graphic designer would adapt many of your strategies to our business. Design is personal and usually specific to a client or a project, therefore how can I make that work for me? I actually love designing and would not dream of handing over the creative reigns to someone else. Help me understand.

Jennifer

Marie Noelle

That’s a great video once again! You answered a very complicated question here! And I really love the answer you are giving! I’m not yet at hiring people to work with me but I was asking myself if I should invest money (ex: for blog design and stuff like that) and I think I’ll just follow what you say because you are so successful in what you’re doing! Thanks so much!

Kelley Stewart

Got a question Marie…how do I change my little picture / avatar?

Kelley

Djanira
Paula

This discussion has helped me understand why I don’t want to make my freelance work into a business AND how to make what I love to do into a business while supporting that effort with my freelance income. Cool.

What I love to do is grow organic veggies and berries and add some value before selling them. I’d love to know Romilda’s website address so I can see what she’s doing. Thanks!

page

this is indeed a motivation… as for me who do not know much about business, i think that this is really helpful because it helps me to understand more about it

Alan@Lifestoogood The free life, health, business and money coaching site

Great advice Marie, thanks for sharing.

Personally, when it comes to taking on others into a small business, I see two issues: Money & Trust (depending largely on the type of business) – for me the latter is far more important, especially for a small business, the first people involved can make or break it. Anyways, thanks for the vid & best wishes,
Alan

Kharie

This article must read by all the home based mamas out there.

Nina

Great video Marie!
I am in the process of hiring someone after struggling with MASSIVE overwhelm when it comes to managing my online businesses.
It has been a major challenge to LET GO and allow other people to do the work that I was so attached to, but I realized that the attachment was to low value tasks that were just causing me overwhelm and not generating revenue.
More than that I am so stressed out that I am actually NOT achieving very much in my business at all!

Excellent thoughts Marie. Right on time as usual!

I’m just about at that burnout mode now :(

Monica

I loved the concept of making something bigger than you, that benefits everyone working with you so it belongs and does not own you!

thinking big, bigger than you is a good recipe for small budding entrepreneurs

regards
Mon

sarah

I have been procrastinating finishing The customer avatar exercise from RHHB-School for months now.

Todays video implored me to finish. Cuz I still dont really have the why I do what I do. The WHY. And the is customer is WHO?! So Im writing about her now.

In coffeeshop on 19th Street with gospel music in headphones. Tears pouring down my face and smiling concurrently. Scribbling away about my avatar. Looking real crazy and not caring.

Okkkaayyyy. Marie delivers some powerful stuff y’all.

Corrina Gordon-Barnes

Just hired a shit-hot assistant and it’s making a huge difference – both to my day-to-day workload but also my feeling of being supported and part of a team.

(Love the out-take by the way!)

Nina

Hi Corrina,

I would love to hear where you found your assistant.
I am currently in the process of looking for one – especially one who is on top of the latest in social media, internet marketing and web site related work.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You can email me at nvwebmarketing@gmail.com

Nina

Victoria

Hey Marie, I just love what you do! I’m not yet in the position to hire paid staff, but what’s your opinion on using an intern? Do you think it’s a good idea especially if most of the work they do is via the internet? Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts and experience on how interns can help small businesses.

Carol

In my other life… I published a magazine. Each year during our start-up and afterwards we brought interns in from a nearby college. They blended into the environment easily and were diligent about their tasks. I have letters tucked away thanking us for the experience. Many kept in touch for years.

All you have to do is give them meaningful work. One young man, an illustrator turned down an offer from Time magazine because he felt he would get a more hands on experience with us. He went on to work for Forbes and the NYTimes. He was talented and we were lucky. Good luck Victoria.

Victoria

Thanks for the tip Carol, much appreciated.

Peggy

I don’t even have my own business and I watch your videos every single week just because they are so “fun” and upbeat. Best newsletter I ever gave my email address too! Thanks for all your hard work and efforts. Your love of what you do is contagious.

Peggy

Hi Peggy! Thank you so much. That’s such an amazing compliment and I really appreciate it. Saving it for my files :)

Q

Marie’s suggestion is not just for business owners!

Four years ago, my employer provided me a lot of additional responsibility, projects and tasks. I juggled the balls as fast as I could, but found myself heading straight into the burnout brick wall. I asked for additional administrative help to handle some of the paperwork, but was told there was no budget for it. So, I hired my own.

By bringing someone in 8 – 20 hours a week (depending on project and time of year), I was able to delegate the transactional items (while providing some good work-related experience to talented people who were looking for their first experience in the profession or an opportunity to step back into the workforce), it freed up my time to focus on strategic tasks and planning, it helped me back away from the burnout brick wall, and I was able to figure out what should be the next step in my career. Between then and today, I’ve been promoted twice.

Yes, it was money out of my pocket. But more importantly, it was one of the best investments I have ever made.

My suggestion for anyone who looks to hire additional help is to make sure you have your paperwork (and priorities!) in order. Think about Confidentiality Agreements (especially if they are going to be handling client information or your intellectual property/processes). Think about whether they should be an independent contractor or employee. And, most importantly, realize that hiring someone is a commitment. Be clear about expectations for work hours and tasks, how compensation will be calculated, and the timing of payments. Be reliable and ensure they get their check on time. They are providing you what you need and, in return, are relying on you to meet their bills and obligations. Respect that.

rhianne

Nice video..You really look hot. We have a small business and I wanted to get people to do my job for me. But my husband stop me from hiring people simply because we are still doing break even with our business. Watching this video really inspire me and I have something to show my husband what would be the benefit of hiring people.

jasminballaran

Nice concept you got here in this post. thank you for sharing your knowledge :)
anyway great video you got there :) .

Leila

Dear Marie, I’m ansious for learn all these concepts and put them in practice!!!
You’re really one of the most significative inspirations for improve my live. Thank you. Oh! I’d like to make a suggestion: what do you think about a transcription of the audio our your precious videos, in order to target not english fluent speakers?

I totally agree; hiring fabulously talented people with amazing personalities can make you more money and grow your business. I have Yoganistas that are way better then me on the floor consulting with customers and making fantastic sales because clients love and trust them. So guess what? I get to work from home more and grow my business by not working in my business.

Thea

Thanks Marie for yet another fantabulous post. I will definitely be borrowing that ad! :-)

Haide Barbo

hey marie you did the right one i had nothing to asked after i watch the video,i have few friend i consider them they are fabulous in there ways and ideas.i may share this to them.

Love, Me Boutique

Hi Marie. I loved this video – but not because I need to hire but because it got me thinking about what I needed and proved to be a good & cheeky excercise for me to do. I have posted my wanted sign on my twitter/facebook and blog today.
Here’s the twitpic: http://twitpic.com/6scqzd

Maxyne Rose

Hi Gang!

I revised Marie’s brilliant ad and created an ad & pitch for my business. I may revise it more but I already like it better than some of my other scripts & ads – Marie Rocks!

Are you loving your life? Does the sound of harvesting a new career, better relationships, and a healthier, shapelier body sound like a dream? Then you may have stumbled upon the support system of a lifetime. Here’s why.
Joy Calories is a fast growing Holistic Health Counseling service and we’re looking for a few ambitious clients to build our success-story portfolio!
Warning: we are an super committed. So if you’re looking for a quick fix with no accountability, this program isn’t right for you. But, if you want to become the architect of a life that works and you need a certified/trained professional for support and guidance, you may be exactly who we’re looking for.
1. Go to http://www.joycalories.com
2. Select “Contact” on the Left Side
3. Complete the Form for a FREE Consultation
Tell us who you are and why you’re ready to live your best life!
_______________
THANKS MARIE!
- Max. Rose

Laney

Just because it seems like a good exercise to try!

Are you a brilliant, shining star with a vision for the world of healing and wellness? We are looking for a few deeply committed and passionate healers with a wide array of skills to add to our team!

We work from a holistic viewpoint and are looking for others who do the same. Our focus is on addressing the entire person and everything about them rather than just a physical complaint.

So if you’re a motivated and compassionate person whose world view is dedicated at changing the face of healthcare with the intent to educate and bring wellness into the picture everyday in all ways submit your information in the form of a resume, complete with professional references and/or testimonials of your work. Please also include a statement of your healing philosophy.

Healers are expected to act in a professional fashion at all times.

Cathleen Campbell

Thanks, Marie!

It is especially easy for those in the business of helping others make the mistake of not answering this essential question with conscious intention – mistaking the service or product offered as the answer, but it’s not: that service or product is what we SELL. Without asking who our business is aimed at benefiting and supporting, we can so easily end up trading hours for dollars…a very lack-filled and limiting equation!

Love your presentation AND the outfit…as always, GREAT energy!

in Living Harmony,
Cathleen

Hallie

Alright, so I’m more on an intrapreneur, than an entrepreneur, but I am totally invested my company’s success 150%+!

Here’s what we posted recently:

We don’t follow the rules, we create them. We are leaders. We value personal and professional growth. We accept challenges, set goals, and exceed them. We say “dominate” and “phenomenal” a lot. We refuse to stay in mediocrity and instead chose to live purposeful lives without limits. We work hard, and play even harder. We are the real estate team of the future. Want to join our journey to the top?

Our training, education, and systems are unmatched. In just 3 short years, we have become the #1 Keller Williams Realty team in Vermont, by providing exceptional customer service and utilizing innovative marketing techniques. In the past year, our team has experienced even more growth, including expanding into two additional markets (Portland, Maine and Hartford, Connecticut). We have continued to streamline our systems in Vermont and are now ready to take our production to the next level with an phenomenal Lead Coordinator.

Are you ready to dominate your career and your life? If you can confidently communicate on the phone and via email, have a history of providing exceptional customer service (regardless of what industry or where you are located), and are looking to be part of a team poised to become #1 in the world, we want to hear from you. Vermont Real Estate license is a plus.

Mahogany

Hey Marie:

I love love love this, your advice is always dead on and so incredibly helpful. And it is an added bonus when you throw in a dance off, although you could add a little soca music next time (lol).
Jokes aside I am not sure I am at that point in my business yet, to hire someone but that is something I will put in my business planning.
Before I start can I just say I am starting to do what I love and I love what I do. But I am struggling with patience, I know I will eventually have a following on my blog and facebook page, which I am grateful for. I am working on collaborations and interviews with fellow female bloggers as well to generate followers. However, I need a way to be calm and patience because in my mind I am already 10 steps ahead.
Second thing is I have changed my business idea from a graphic recording business to, to a I-want-to-help-women-business but incorporate key elements from my previous business: ideas take shape (the graphic recording stuff). I will incorporate these key elements by doing workshops, sessions etc. The workshops are how I’m going to generate income. But yet again I am 10 steps ahead in my mind.

If you have any free time to answer this question that would be muchly appreciated.
Help a sista out!!! :)
Here is a link to my blog: http://crazyfunsexyguide.wordpress.com/
Here is a link to my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CrazyFunSexyGuideForWomen

WANTED: Passionate, Energetic, outgoing Super-star sales associate to help spread a Sunshiney personality to people from all over the Okanagan Valley!

Are you wild about swimwear and beach fashions? Do you love the feeling of finding the absolutely perfect fit for someone? Does the sound of helping to spread the word about the healthy, positive affects of sunlight, sound like a dream? Then you may have stumbled upon the job opportunity of a lifetime. Here’s why.
We’re the oldest, and fastest growing year-round swimwear and tanning studio in the Okanagan and we’re looking for a few ambitious, like-minded, client-focused superstars to add to our already INCREDIABLE team.
If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way we think about pure, unfiltered, perfect sunlight or one that aimes to make all women feels incredibly beautiful and sexy on the beach, then reach out now!
Warning: we are an uber committed, family-run company. If you’re just looking for any old job or a little extra cash, this isn’t right for you (no personal drama or lazy people, please).

If you want to be a part of an infectiously-positiive , fast-paced, stress-free environment that will bring out your best, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Go here and fill out our online application and tell us who you are and why you’re perfect to join us. We’ll be reaching out to ideal candidates within the next week. We are searching for people that are available weeknights and Saturdays.

I am wondering how I get an on-line application going??? YIKES!!!! I cannot WAIT to tell you how this goes over for me….!!!!

hosting

Are most of photos they fit in the artykolach by way of? Because described I adore and I require to to exploit it to their operate, so We’re questioning so that you simply can whom I had permission so that you can report in there. Let individuals know!

Dihessa

Such great timing, this video for me! I have hired someone just one week ago, and am still learning to let go and trust her to do her job. Seeing this video reinforces why I need help. Thanks Marie!

angela

WANTED: Frustrated individuals who can’t watch another day while brilliant kids are misunderstood in the current educational system.

Are you tired of seeing parents trying to “fix” their kids to fit into a static prehistoric mold? Do you constantly see kids with little or no energy or who are endlessly fighting to be noticed? Do you roll your eyes at one more label placed on boys that can’t sit still in class? Are you sick of “girl power movements” that encourage focus on one gender over another? Then you may have stumbled upon the job opportunity of a lifetime.

Here’s why.
We are a bold and fearless company determined to make a difference in the lives of kids who just don’t fit into the classic educational mold. We are looking for a few daring, like-minded, client-focused superstars to add to our transformation team.

If you believe in education for ALL children in ALL dimensions and want to help empower kids who have been labeled for their lack of something rather than celebrated for their genius in something else;
If you dream about what it would be like to be a part of a movement that will change the way our children learn and feel about their own individual abilities, then reach out now.

Warning: we are an uber company committed and highly energized. If you’re just looking for any old job or a little extra cash, this isn’t right for you (no personal drama or lazy people, please).

If you want to be a part of a creative, so far out of the box that we don’t even have a box team, that will fulfill your burning passion to make a difference in the world, you may be exactly who we’re looking for. Go here and fill out our online application and tell us who you are and why you’re perfect to join us. We’ll be reaching out to ideal candidates within the next week.

angela

PS I just wanna say that this exercise shone a bright light on the direction I want to go in for my (only in my mind at this stage) business!! THANK YOU!