How To Start Turning Your BIG Idea into Reality

Oooooh child!

The last week has been an incredible whirlwind of crazy goodness for how to start a business.

From a soul’d out Selling Your Soul event, to welcoming a hot crew of new B-Schoolers, to a massively successful three day retreat including an all day session at Virgin with my Adventure Mastermind ladies here in NYC, I’ve been cooking with gas.

Now onto today’s video.

Do you have big dreams of helping others but don’t know where to start?  Here’s a tip:  don’t reinvent the wheel.  Watch this video to learn how to jumpstart your plans using my favorite “high end” research assistant.  You’ll also learn my life mantra when it comes to finding answers to tough questions.

Here’s a link to the article I mention in the video.

In the comments below, let me know me know the single biggest insight you gained from today.  Of course, if you have additional ideas or resources for Jennifer on her topic, share them below!

Koryn Lloyd

Loved this video Marie. I’ve recently taught yoga to African orphans in Uganda and I want to develop a programme to bring yoga to villages, communities and families as well as orphans there, therefore this issue you discuss is very close to my heart.

LISA
Anonymous

my man Who was no longer wanted to associate with me anymore. He was interested in working out of marriage, after begging and pleading with him I realized it was because of another girlfriend, he really was leaving me. My co-worker went threw a similar situation and told me that DR.OBOM helped her. I cant thank you enough DR.OBOM, I’m grateful she introduced me to you. After discussing the resolution with him, my Husband come back, after the spell has done.and this time him was more than the man I expected. My Husband not only came back to me, but he had also totally left his girlfriend me and now were engaged, we are getting married next month, I don’t know what I would have done without you,I believe you are my guardian angel.DR.OBOM, I want to thank you & your gods for all that you’ve done for me. I’m thankful for all the time & effort you & your gods have put into my case.I am very happy and I will always be grateful sincerely, His email is homeofsolutions1@gmail.com or call +2347053319835 if you need his help

ahahah Marie – “Google that shit up.” Classic.

This is also my favorite way to teach all you hottie-preneurs out there how to find media contacts without having to plunk down thousands for an expensive database. Google is miraculous!

Monja

… and it helps so much as a starting point. From there, we can find everything we need on e.g. Facebook or YouTube. YouTube is one of the places I recommend to keep searching because it is the second largest search engine in the world.

Laura Kinoshita

My favorite line? “Well then, all you need to go is Google that shit up!”
HA! I’m going to put that on a cup!

By the way (this is not an affiliate link or anything, this is actually a real tip), have you seen the “Let me Google that for you” link? http://www.lmgtfy.com

You type in the question, then you get a short URL to the list of answers. You give your friend the short URL, and then it shows the computer Googling her question. It’s cool.

Laura Kinoshita

Melissa and I were typing our comments at the same time!

Marie – hella funny at the end, I bet people didn’t catch it…if you didn’t – check it out!

And, I do hope that a TON of people respond to your latest video because most of all, it proved how giving back – like you did in this video by doing the research for the Jennifer who asked the question, made it totally relatable (is that a word? now it is.), your “everything is figure-out-able” mantra and call-to-action…so many people get stuck and it’s great that you keep it simple and funny and pointed.

Ashley

Hey Koryn,

Check out http://www.anahatainternational.org/. They’re a yoga non-profit based out of DC with a mission of bringing yoga to underserved areas of the world. Very cool!

I’m going to have to come back and watch the video – my sound isn’t working. It’s going to be one of those freaky, you’re in my head kind of videos – I can tell by the title =)

Ivana Siska

Sooooooo fun!

I love that Google is so precise, you can ask it anything, and it ALWAYS has an answer… just like you.

Carol Galanty

http://www.BPeace.org is an organization I have done some volunteer work with in the past. They mentor women entrepreneurs in war torn countries like Afghanistan and Rwanda. I’ve met some of the women from Afghanistan who have been in the program and they are such an inspirational group–BPeace is making huge strides in these countries. As Marie said, no need to reinvent the wheel…check out the BPeace website to see how they structure their program. It’s very well done.

Liz Longacre

Marie, I think of your “everything is figure-out-able” mantra literally every time I get stuck on anything. And I am counting the months till RHH Live!

Love your energy and your line: “Clarity Comes From Engagement… Not Thinking”! Made my day!

So many people get stuck at the whole thinking part and give up, engaging is the key.

XO

Chris

“Clarity Comes From Engagement… Not Thinking”

Yes this is a great quote from an inspirational video about helping people less fortunate than yourself. Very nice to see entrepreneurs for social good.

Lindsey Runyon

YES. I love that. We have to start DOING, stop using THINKING about something as an excuse for not starting the work.

jamie wagener

Agreed – that is just what I needed to hear today as I sit down to write curriculum for one of my own programs – a sweet reminder that I won’t know all the answers right away and that some material I may have to create as I go – content don’t mean crap if we don’t put it into action, right!? Thank you Marie – I so love your videos xxoo

fani

Excellent! Pointing out some great, obvious stuff in a way that makes sense and gets your butt going

Heidi DeCoux

What did we do before we could “Google it”?

I think that the best part of the Internet and Google is that gals like Koryn and all small biz owners and entrepreneurial wannabes can pursue their dreams and build awesome businesses easier (and for way less money) than ever before. We have it SOOOOO good!

Many of the people with entrepreneurial aspirations three generations ago would probably give a finger or two to have the type of access and technology we have available to us.

Erin

Everything is “figure-out-able!!” Ha! ha ha ha!! Love it!!

Annina

The line I definitely like best: “clarity comes through engagement not through thoughts” .

this fully hits home … particularly with Annina, the post grad student

Nathalie

Jennifer could also connect with Thunderbird school of global management, they were the first business school to create a code of ethics and are doing work with women entrepreneurs in Afganistan and Peru! Plenty of alum all over the world.

“Clarity comes through engagement, not through thought.” Amen, sista! Thank you for those wise words.

Mikita

You are a woman after my own heart! I so enjoyed this video. I’ll be back for more.

Stay Sassy!
~ Mikita

Niko Mercuris

Hello Marie,
You are absolutely right on! love the Mantra and your very casual way of explaining things that really makes people feel comfortable with you!

I am happy to say that I am one of your newest students in the RHH-B-SCHOOL, not sure how many other guys you have in the class but I have always thought of myself as rich happy and hot! ha! teasin, well maybe not,

But anyway one thing ive learned is not to pass up an oppertunity that you feel in your heart can truly make a difference in your life and by joining B-School im hoping some of what you got rubs off on me cuz its definately workin for you!
thanks again!
To Your Unending Success,
Niko Mercuris

Angel

I just love you. You’ve really taught me that I can be myself and still be successful, actually how it will make me way more successful ;) than this adjusting to what is appropriate and what not.

I’ve been one of those people who reinvent the wheel, over and over and in all contexts. The I’ll do everything by myself kind of thing. In this video what I really take with me is the fact that it can be really easy to avoid it, be so much more rewarding and also safe. Thank you :)

Cheers,
Angel

Natalie Duhamel, CHHC

“Google that shit up”, I love it! I may have to start a list of Marie-isms :-)

Single biggest takeaway is not to re-invent the wheel. I’m going to see what has worked for me in the past, see what is working for others in my field, and do just that good shiz rather than try to think up something new every single time.

Heather Allard

I love the “Clarity comes from engagement” bit too. And I reeeeaaaallllly love the blooper at the end.

When are we going to see a MarieTV Bloopers & Outtakes show? LOL. :)

xo,

Sara Martin

I’m gonna tag along with Laura, Annina, Amy, and Heather. My biggest “aha” was the Clarity Comes from Engagement quote. I have been outlining an article called “Take Steps to Make Steps” which urges people to move forward on faith – the path will appear as you go!

Thanks for the generous insight, Marie.

-Sara

clarity through engagement instead of thought. that is SO TRUE!!!!!!!!

Prada Madonna

Love, love your “everything is figure-out-able” mantra. You always put me in such a good mood on Tuesdays, Marie.
Another fabulous, uplifting video….keep’em coming.
Kisses,
Prada

Jason R. Ayers

Simple and smart and I love “Clarity comes from engagement…”

Especially when you mix it with a little “imperfect implementation” to get that all important feedback.

Thanks Marie,

-Jason

Kelly Lynn

“google that shit up” LOVE it!!!! google has become my bbf (best business friend) and loving the quote you gave about clarity coming from engagement so freakin true!!! thanks so much marie!! xo

Nicole

“Clarity Comes From Engagement… Not Thinking”! is my big insight – lurv it!!

Haley

Great video.THanks for your sharing.
Google is also an essencial part of our business now

Haley

Great video.Thanks for your sharing.
Google is also an important part of my business now

I’ve been wondering for awhile how I can combine my health coaching career with my passion for Uganda/Tanzania and Swahili. I just recently discovered that there are already people teaching things like EFT and Yoga in these parts of the world, and I know I need to get on board with that.

Don’t reinvent the wheel – so true! Like every else, I loved the “Clarity comes from engagement, not thinking.” Going to start implementing that one right away!

Mariah

Love this! Gave me clarity on how to start my own biz, research how it’s being done and figure out what is working and what is not working. Genius.

And I am LOVING B-School, best business decision in my life so far :)

Ricky

I really do appreciate your contribution to humanity. You my friend and this community are a great example of why men can’t live without women.

Regards from Florida,

Ricky

Shavi

Marie, you rock!

I’ve been following you for a while now (or rather, lurking on this blog). I live in Sri Lanka, and I wanted to develop a curriculum that teaches boundaries to women as part of an initiative to prevent gender-based violence (which is pretty common over here). This video was just what I needed to get that ball rolling- thank you so much!

Miriah

Such an amazing video today, Marie. Clarity comes… Google that shit… figure-out-able… You gave us all so much with this one, by giving her so much. Love that hot, high level research assistant of yours & all of ours. Google anything!

Lazarus Nazario

Google that shit up! You funny! :)

Joany

Martes son mis dias favoritos!

Helen

‘Kay, this was one of the BEST videos you’ve ever made, girlfriend. Jam-packed with awesome information, delivered by Creepy Southern Guy… who can resist Creepy Southern Guy? You crack me up. Love it and so agree that engagement is the key- not thinking about stuff. And Googling that shit up is my mantra! LOVE. :-)

Laura Ribas

Hi there, I’m actually working in a Spanish NGO for Animal Rights called FAADA (www.faada.org) in the communication department and I find this problem all the time. I’m always thinking of creative ideas for our mission. Always thinking and thinking until somehow we find a solution to try. And that’s how we lear.
Right now we’ve just started a campaing against a huge TV channel which wants to use a chimpanzee in a program (crazy…) Antena3PasaDelsufrimientoAnimal.com I’m quite nervos to see if we’r successful and because we’ve never “fought” against such a big company. If we finally are, I will let you know.
Wish us luck :)

Andrea

This has definitely taught me to research what DOESN’T work. It’s so obvious to research what works, yet I never thought to research what failed. Thanks!!

Steve Elerick

Okay, the little I dream of Jeannie routine at the end of the video was funny as hell!
You used one of my favorite daily sayings. (Google that shit.) Like stated, if you want to know anything there are two places to find it. Google and Youtube.

Thought I would share that your implementing video is a refreshing touch to your branding. Keep the great stuff coming and don’t forget to Google that shit!

Daien

I loved the way you phrased it, “Don’t reinvent the wheel!” That’s the insight I gained; to google resources that are already out there to help clarify my goals and allow me to hook-up with others that are familiar with what I want to accomplish.

Dee

I loved that video – short and to the point

Three things which stick in my mind

Anything is figure-out-able. Where there is a will there is a way.
Clarity comes through engagement, not through thought. -That’s brilliant – a bit like Nike’s – Just do it.
And of course google that shit up – we’re so lucky that we can actually find anything we want online. Amazing.

Marie thanks for being so inspiring.
Dee

Nathalie

Awsome ideas, love the ‘high-end assistant’ bit.

For any woman who’s into delivering incredible video content through their website and social media, check out: http://justbediscovered.com/Justbediscovered/Just_Be_You.html

Lots of love,
Nxo

Jenn Burton

Clarity comes from engagement and not thought. Genius. Excellent video as always, I can’t wait to find my Michelle Vargas like u!

Suzyn

Oh! This was so good I had to pause the video to write it down, and then I immediately tumbr’ed it! “Clarity comes through engagement, not through thought.” I am the world’s champion journal-brainstormer, list-maker, dreamer, but I get stopped before I start if I can’t see the end clearly. So thank you thank you for this.

Mic

Awesome video! I’d like to use art as a platform to give hope to cities that aren’t thriving or to spotlight the horrendous consequences of poverty. This was very helpful – clarity through engagement is so true. I need to make the connections first and that’ll lead me to more clarity. Also, I love how you can still stay light & fun, but help out in a deep and meaningful way. Lots of love, Mic

Jenn Burton

I agree with Mic. So love how u keep real, light, and fun.

DRN

Clarity comes from Engagment not Thought !!!Amazing and that is proving itself to me everytime I take a step and engage in something I don’t have all the answers for!! Love Love Love your videos, website, all the info you share with us. Thank you for amazing tools :) I am a day spa manager evolved from a Massage Therapist via Mommie and wife :) So excited about what is next even at 51! ThankUUUUUU

Tina

I love your energy and your delivery on information. I am new to your site and I love it! Thanks for all you do, and I learn something everytime I read, watch, listen.

Thanks for the reminder that the internet is a wealth of info already out there, no need to reinvent the wheel, just create it to fit your dream car.

Hugs,
Tina from Texas

Chani

Clarity comes from ENGAGEMENT not THOUGHT. Blew my thoughts away! Loved it! Thank you Marie!

Toni King

I enjoyed watching your video, you’ve shared some great insight and inspiration.

In Health and Harmony

Toni

jodi

i do like it and i’ll see you at rich, happy and hot live in october! thanks for your fantastic panache and energy!

Sabrina Weyeneth

Clarity comes through engagement, not through thought! Sooooo true. Great video! Thank you x

Amber

Ahhhh selling your soul! I’ve gotta take this opportunity to say how much selling your soul moved me. And I’m taken action jackson! Hired a VA, finsihing website, and working on something else I can publicly post for fear my corporate colleagues will track the comment down. ;) xoxox

And you are right. Anything is figureoutable!

Biggest insight: clarity comes through engagement, not thought. Always gotta remind myself about this one! thanks!!!!

Brandi

great answers Marie I often use the “high end research assistant as well.”

Kathy Gillen

I was stuck and this unstuck me! Awesome.

Marie, you’re amazing! Thanks for this inspiring and really helpful ( I hope for Jennifer. too) vid!!!

Heather Wenrich

Will def be checking in with the high end research assistant about my own idea. Also, yes, engagement….will do.

JaneD

Jenn’s idea really resonates with me. I’d love to work empowering women in Afghanistan. What I couldn’t figure out is, who would pay me for this? Who feels the problem acutely *and* has money to spend? NGOs? Govts?

Cheryl

Love the thought that anything is “Figure-out-able”. I need to recite that mantra whenever I’m getting overwhelmed kicking new ideas into gear! Thanks!

Lisa Kennedy Watrous

i loved the clarity thru engagement quote! totally gonna add that to my quote wall. ok and on another note, I loved the shirt you were wearing today, who makes it??

Dr. Susan Bernstein

Woo hoo! LOVE this stellar guidance, Marie. I’ve spent the past 10 years helping people in career reinvention and renewal, and I’m reinventing myself. I have a BIG idea for what I want to do next (working with companies to help them keep their employees super-engaged…I’ve had the inside scoop on what keeps their people disengaged, and want to parlay that into positive change). I’ve been hungry for a creative way to move into this new world, without reinventing the wheel. LOVE you BIG TIME for this clever strategy that’s all about connection.

Keri Lehmann

I LOVE that you said, “Everything is figure out -able!” Love it!
Also: Clarity comes from engagement, not thought. I have always believed that you just START somewhere! DO the thing — is what I’m hearing you say. And I love hearing you say that.

Keri

Gaynor Parke

Naaaaahhh I loved the bloober the best!!! Love love love you’re info and presentation style but love the bloopers.

I love to see the REAL aspects of people as it reminds me I’m not alone when I have to record a number of times. My tougue gets twisted sometimes when I know I’m being recorded ;-) LOVE THE BLOOPERS. I’m sure you’ll bring out a bloopers special :-)

Madelyn

Wow! I just realized I have been fostering some major resistance when it comes to research and networking within my field. Reinventing the wheel is exactly what I’ve been trying to do! Yikes. I’ve been so worried I will find out that someone has already created something amazing out of the same ideas I’m working with, and instead of realizing I could learn from their stuff, I assumed I would get discouraged and give up. Laaaaame.

Jessica

I love it! Clarity comes through engagement, not thought. Action, Action, Action! Just get moving with your idea and things will fall into place. I so needed this reminder. Thanks Marie, you are amazing!

Carlo

Marie, you are amazing. love your confidence! Your right, everything is “figure out able”…. The answers are out there and easier than ever to find. It’s just a matter of who wants them and what you can do with them. Your tips and advice is very helpful. I like to say, “Do you really think you can tackle the world without being in shape?, Don’t sit around and watch.”

Carlo
ToolBoxDiet.com – Where Health, Confidence, Success and Happiness Walk Hand in Hand!

Susie Beiler

Get to know this guy, Jennifer!

Alycia

Clarity comes through engagement not through thought! That’s so true – tx

Maya

I got a lot of value from the fact that everything is figure-out-able (great word) and that you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. It seems that when we want to start a business or start a social movement or whatever, we always think we HAVE to do something that’s NEVER been done before. While variety and innovation is great, many times what is simple & tried and true work just as great; they just have your unique personality tied to it and that’s what makes it stand out. Thanks for the question, Jennifer. Great video, as always, Marie :)

Emily

You ROCK Marie! I’m so lovin’ your videos! :) I have to keep telling myself every day-Don’t reinvent the wheel!! :)

Jazmine Green

Such great advice! No need to reinvent the wheel. My research starts now!

braintory

I’m always reading your Blog, I am so inspired of your thoughts. Love seeing your background as well. Please, stay us connected here. It’s really helpful to many blogger like me. I got a lot of tips here. Thanks to you, dear!

Caroline

I love the “clarity comes through engagement”. Jump in head first! Hard to do sometimes, but oh so true.
Thanks for the videos!

Phillipa Wirangi

I so want to come and work for you Marie!
If you need another virtual assistant, please choose me :)

Fefeinvoind

ебутся на столе
порно фото друзей посмотреть инцест онлайн
бесплатно секс развратная семейка

Fefeinvoind

список порно звезд
ножки бесплатно
эмо лесбиянки онлайн

I love the reminder of anything is figureoutable and you need to just start doing it, not just thinking it! Way to go Jennifer!!!!

Heidi Green

Hello Marie,
You are sooo coo and awesome! Your information is just what I needed for a long time, and it is working! Thank you for what you do. Thanks for opening my eyes into realizing that I am note a loser when it comes to being my own boss. Thank you!

celine purses

I like what you guys are up also. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my website :).

Eleanor

Great point about seeing what is out there already. There is so much going on in this space. She should also google “social enterprise” and the region she is looking into, and link up with people from places like Ashoka, Echoing Green and ANDE. I’m learning a lot that everything is figureout-able and the importance of reaching out as a launch a mushroom social enterprise.

Ash

The Department of State has an International Visitors Program in many cities across America. The DOS brings people from all other countries to the US (selecting the most appropriate city/cities) to teach them about how we do things here in the US — anything from special education to medical to volunteerism, you name it. Every Council for International Visitors office has areas that they specialize in. You might try to contact some of these offices (just look up “city name” Council for International Visitors) and ask if they have any entrepreneurial programs and what visitors from what countries have they worked with. Then you can get in contact with those people in those countries and discover the next steps needed to get the ball rolling.

Ruzi

Thank you, Marie.
Thank you SOOOOOOO much!
As the others mentioned today’s quote for me is definetely “Clarity comes from engagement”. I was thinking the whole day, wrote things down, felt a little bit “oh-no-what-shall-I-do-know-like”,and then I saw your video. Thank you so much. And thank you, Jennifer, for asking such a nice question that encouraged me to start collecting all my single pieces to a puzzle. The day before yesterday I thought about my possible contribution as a chemist scientist to “fighting” the poverty in the world. Afterwards I read an article of a company who cooporates with a company which is exactly doing what I was feeling: trying to help poor people all over the world. It’s called “IPA”,innovations for poverty action. And then your video, Marie. It’s fantastic. Magic :)
All the best for all the thinkers and makers :)

Robin

Take away – Clarity comes from engagement, not from thought! Thank you!

Monja

Marie, So true, we don’t need to re-invent the wheel but we always have to add our own thoughts, advice and for sure experiences. But the bottom line is definitely that we simply need to DO it :-) Thanks for another great video!