Mid-Level / Senior DevOps
You’re a creative, positive, hardworking mid-level to senior DevOps engineer who lives and breathes pixel-perfection.
You thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment where making sure the customer always has an excellent digital experience is top-of-mind.
This position will join a growing team and be responsible for performing and automating system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery of our server solutions while ensuring our digital properties are cutting edge, work seamlessly, and are fast as lightning. You’ll work closely with our Senior Full Stack Team Lead, Project Manager, and Operations Team to create excellent websites and experiences.
Additionally, you’ll work with the Development Team to modify, enhance and optimize our existing codebase, as well as develop new features, monitor internal and external traffic, and address potential leaks and areas to improve deficiencies for both Team Forleo and our customers. You’ll also work to build and maintain systems/processes to connect the various third-party applications we use to run our business.
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Reading this makes you say, “WHOA — that’s ME!”:
- You’re an effective, clear communicator in all formats with great people skills
- You’re a self-motivated team player with strong problem-solving abilities and a solution-oriented mindset
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and are able to juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges and questions
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a highly collaborative team (you’ll need to do both here!)
- You’re excited about co-creating the big picture vision and overall tech plan for the company
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work until the job gets done
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re hyper-focused on getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re on top of the latest and greatest in techniques, trends and technologies
- You live and breathe pixel-perfection
- You have:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps
- 2+ years’ experience with system administration on Linux platforms
- 2+ years of experience in AWS
- 2+ years within a SCRUM methodology is preferred
- 2+ years of experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, etc.
- You can evolve and extend Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment infrastructure
- You can function as a network engineer or database engineer in a pinch
- You’re a team player who will collaborate with other engineering specialties
- You manage design and develop monitoring of 100% uptime solutions for critical systems, including our own in-house web hosting offering
- You’re experienced in authoring and recommending settings for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services to improve performance, security, and reliability
- You believe documentation is vital
In an ideal world, you have:
- Cloud monitoring services experience
- Familiarity with Data Science
- Past remote work experience
This position is not for you if:
- You have personal drama
- You don’t really commit wholeheartedly to anything
- You think self-help is weird
- You have no sense of humor
- You don’t live and work in the continental United States
The nitty gritty:
- We’re open to this being a full time employee or freelance position
- We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on track and on time.
- Full-time employees get 6 weeks paid vacation, 401K, health/dental insurance, inspiration days, paid holidays, and competitive pay
- Your location isn’t as important as your attitude and talent, but it’s required that you live and work in the continental United States and are eligible to work in the United States
- This is a virtual position working with our stellar virtual team
Marie Forleo International is an equal opportunity employer.