We’re searching for an experienced Human Resources Manager to align our HR initiatives and functions with business objectives.
In this role, the HR Manager will be responsible for enhancing team performance by creating and leading team member development (including diversity and inclusivity programs), recruiting the right talent and enhancing recruiting efforts, running onboarding processes, supporting and maintaining a positive company culture, coordinating benefits and liability insurances, and managing current and future company policies and practices. Your experience in human resources management will support our company by adding value to overall business objectives, providing HR solutions and retaining a talented team.
The ideal candidate for this role should have an excellent understanding of business functions, solid communication and interpersonal skills, be a strategic thinker, and have great organizational skills.
What You’ll be Doing In this Role:
- Be responsible for all aspects of HR strategy and execution, including talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, onboarding processes, employee benefits and company insurance
- Drive company values and dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion into people programs and processes
- Work with HR attorney and PEO service to create, develop and optimize contractor and employee documentation, employee handbook, and compliance projects
- Act as an advisor to the executive team and all department heads for sophisticated employment issues to drive high integrity employee relations, performance management and conflict resolution strategies
- Engage and listen to employees and be a safe place for them to share information, as well as a strategic coach to help them thrive
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members that enables high team and individual performance
- Focus on crafting phenomenal teams through employee listening strategies and engagement action planning
- Create and drive strategies to continually improve employee morale, job satisfaction, career progression and retention
- Drive systems, processes, and cycles of continuous improvement that simplify HR services in the company
Reading this makes you say, “Wow — that’s ME!”:
- You’re committed to helping create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment/culture for employees, contractors, customers and followers
- You have HR experience in a tech start-up, online education and/or high-growth company
- You have a strong aptitude for building trust in relationships and you’re seen as someone who can maintain confidentiality and discretion
- You have a passion for coaching and development of team members at all levels of the organization and are comfortable being on the front-line of problem solving
- You deeply understand the “human” side of Human Resources and understand how impactful it is to be empathetic when managing employee relations issues
- You’re excited about partnering with leadership on talent acquisition strategy from a broader perspective but also love to dig in and recruit/interview for multiple positions at one time. You’re committed to finding the right person for the culture and team with every hire
- You love the legal and compliance-side of business and are able to leverage resources to ensure handbooks, documents, etc. are compliant and up-to-date at all times
- You thrive under pressure and look forward to everyday being different
- You have a passion for Marie Forleo’s mission, and you want to use your gifts and skills to help make the world a better place
- 10+ years HR experience
- Experience in crafting and deploying HR systems and processes
- Experience with core HR domains, including performance development, diversity and inclusion, workforce management, people data analysis, compensation and coaching/employee relations
- Experience influencing and advising senior leaders on sophisticated employment matters
- Strong project leadership skills
- College degree + HR certification or similar field
- Experience in HRLDP or similar development program experience
- Experience with employee relations, performance management, team efficiency, and employee engagement strategies
This position is NOT for you if:
- You have personal drama
- You don’t really commit wholeheartedly to anything
- You don’t like marketing, sales, technology or being the best
- You think self-help is weird
- You have no sense of humor
- You don’t live and work within the Continental United States
The Nitty Gritty:
- This is a full time virtual position working with our virtual team. You’ll have full autonomy over where you work, what you wear and which pet sits at your feet
- Paid medical and dental insurance, plus $1,500 HSA deposit
- Flexible Spending Account for health insurance and childcare
- 4 weeks company closure time off (exact dates determined by company)
- 10 days PTO
- Paid holidays
- 5 sick days
- 3 inspiration days to use as you choose
- 401(k) + company match
- Paid parental leave
- Colleagues who will make you laugh and support you every step of the way
About Marie Forleo International
Marie Forleo International is a socially conscious digital empire founded by #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the most sought-after motivational coaches in the world, Marie Forleo. Our mission is to give people the tools they need to change their lives. We do this through our award-winning show MarieTV, The Marie Forleo Podcast and our online training programs like B-School and The Copy Cure.
We believe in the power of personal growth, laughter and life-long learning. Our motto is “everything is figureoutable,” and we’re dedicated to helping millions of big-hearted dreamers use their gifts to change the world.
We hire people who are motivated by our mission and passionate about creating positive change. Our team is remotely distributed; we care more about your work-ethic and attitude than your location.
At Marie Forleo International, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative experiences that improve the way people live, learn, communicate and grow. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we firmly believe that our work is best when everyone feels free to be themselves.