Mid-Level / Senior Full-Stack Engineer Back-End
You’re a creative, positive, hardworking full stack middle-level or senior PHP software developer, with a focus on back-end environments, who lives and breathes pixel-perfection.
You thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. Making sure the customer has an excellent digital experience is always front-of-mind.
This position will join a growing team and be responsible for maintaining and developing customer facing mobile-friendly websites and portals. You’ll have a heavy focus on WordPress CMS space and 3rd party API consumptions and authoring while ensuring our digital properties are cutting edge, work seamlessly, and are fast as lightning. You’ll work closely with our Senior Full Stack Team Lead and Project Manager, and our Creative Team and Operations Team to create excellent websites and experiences.
Additionally, you’ll work with the Development Team to modify, enhance and optimize our existing codebase, as well as develop new features for both Team Forleo and our customers. You’ll also work to build and maintain systems/processes to connect the various third-party applications we use to run our business.
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Reading this makes you say, “WHOA — that’s ME!”:
- You’re an effective, clear communicator in all formats with great people skills
- You’re a self-motivated team player with strong problem solving abilities and a solution-oriented mindset
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and are able to juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges and questions
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a highly collaborative team (you’ll need to do both here!)You’re excited about co-creating the big picture vision and overall tech plan for the company
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work until the job gets done
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re hyper focused on getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re on top of the latest and greatest in techniques, trends and technologies
- You live and breathe pixel-perfection4+ years working with OOP PHP is a must
- Strong PHP7 & SQL experience is a must
- 5+ years in software development is preferred
- 2+ years within a SCRUM methodology is preferred
- 4+ years Mobile and/or Responsive Development is preferred
- Strong understanding of GIT is preferred
- Strong API consumption and leverage work is preferred
- Past remote work experience is preferred
In an ideal world, you have:
- In addition to required experience with PHP7, experience with the WordPress framework
- Linux-based servers
This position is not for you if:
- You have personal drama
- You don’t really commit wholeheartedly to anything
- You think self-help is weird
- You have no sense of humor
- You don’t live and work in the continental United States
The nitty gritty:
- We’re open to this being a full time employee or freelance position
- We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on track and on time.
- Full-time employees get 6 weeks paid vacation, 401K, health/dental insurance, inspiration days, paid holidays, and competitive pay
- Your location isn’t as important as your attitude and talent, but it’s required that you live and work in the continental United States and are eligible to work in the United States
- This is a virtual position working with our stellar virtual team
Marie Forleo International is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants will undergo at least one technical, human resource and cultural interview to gauge fit for the role. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.