Copywriter (with a fierce passion for SEO)
We’re looking for a unicorn of a Copywriter to join our team, someone who plays comfortably at the intersection of creative writing and SEO.
If you’re thinking, “But wait, SEO isn’t creative!” this isn’t the job for you.
We believe SEO is a form of empathy, a way to give go-getters the tools and information they need to build the business and life of their dreams. And we share that information in an honest, inspiring way that makes our community smile and laugh.
Is optimizing content for search your zone of genius? Does combining that superpower with creative writing sound like your dream job? Are you a hard-working A-player who thrives on doing work that matters?
If so, read on to see if this might be the job for you.
You’d be over the moon to earn a paycheck for these responsibilities:
- Optimize copy across our Marie Forleo web properties with the goal of hooking readers, providing helpful and entertaining information, and increasing search traffic
- Execute our comprehensive SEO plan, with a focus on on-page optimization of existing content
- Write fresh blog posts that align with our SEO goals, bringing the brand’s unique, fun voice to every piece
- Optimize previously-published YouTube content so it aligns with our SEO strategy
- Mine existing content for social media ideas as you optimize, and work alongside our social media team to bring those ideas to life
- Collaborate with our tight-knit writing and creative teams to make progress on projects that are meaningful for both our community and our company, pitching in wherever needed
This describes you so well, it’s almost scary:
- You have at least a few years of experience as a copywriter, and you’re comfortable ghost-writing in someone else’s voice
- You have experience executing an SEO strategy as part of a team, for a website other than your own, and you can share results of your work
- You bring intermediate knowledge of SEO; you feel comfortable doing keyword research independently and how to optimize blog posts around target keywords without hand-holding
- It feels natural to write in a fun, conversational, emotional, relatable voice, and you have clips to prove it; you have a sense of humor and it shines through in your writing
- Helping a blog post rank in Google’s No. 1 position would pretty much be a highlight of your day, our domain authority gave you heart palpitations, and you sometimes poke around in Ahrefs just for fun
- You’re 10,000% reliable, super organized, and consistently meet your deadlines
- You’re not afraid to bring new ideas to the table, even if they’re different from what’s been done before, and you speak up when you notice opportunities for improvement
- You have a track record of working well with others, supporting your team and avoiding drama like the plague
- You believe everything is figureoutable, and you’re confident in your ability to find solutions when you hit obstacles
- You appreciate and respect entrepreneurship, maybe even have a history of running your own business or side hustle, but you know in your heart that you work best as an employee for a successful company
- You’re comfortable and even thrive in fast-paced environments where you learn something new every day
- You’ve taken B-School or The Copy Cure (not mandatory, but a plus)
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Sound ah-mazing? Apply via the form below.
About Marie Forleo International
Marie Forleo International is a socially conscious digital empire founded by #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the most sought-after motivational coaches in the world, Marie Forleo. Our mission is to give people the tools they need to change their lives. We do this through our award-winning show MarieTV, The Marie Forleo Podcast and our online training programs like B-School and The Copy Cure.
We believe in the power of personal growth, laughter and life-long learning. Our motto is “everything is figureoutable,” and we’re dedicated to helping millions of big-hearted dreamers use their gifts to change the world.
We hire people who are motivated by our mission and passionate about creating positive change. Our team is remotely distributed; we care more about your work-ethic and attitude than your location.
How We Roll:
- Full autonomy over where you work, what you wear and which pet sits at your feet
- Paid medical and dental insurance, plus $1,500 HSA deposit
- Flexible Spending Account for health insurance and childcare
- 4 weeks company closure time off (exact dates determined by company)
- 10 days PTO
- Paid holidays
- 5 sick days
- 3 inspiration days to use as you choose
- 401(k) + company match
- Paid parental leave
- A family of colleagues who will make you laugh and support you every step of the way
Marie Forleo International is an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be themselves.