You’re an experienced, passionate copywriter who’s committed to using your gifts to make the world a better place. Your role will be to help us take our existing content, marketing, and social media communication to the next level and inspire hundreds of thousands of people to take meaningful action in their lives.
You love personal development, entrepreneurship, and marketing. You obsess over every word (onelook.com is your bible), but also embrace feedback and collaboration.
You understand that great content marketing combines a deep understanding and love for our audience without forgetting SEO, staying true to our voice and mission, and the business goal of converting new friends into lifelong fans and browsers into buyers.
You thrive with a dualistic approach: using your experience as a writer to create/revamp/remix existing ideas into stand alone content that connects and converts. You’re also able to be process focused and data-driven, while keeping the big business picture in mind.
As a part of our tiny but mighty team, you’ll wear a lot of creative hats: copywriting, editing, marketing, and content creation. You’ll have the opportunity to help grow and shape our company — the only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Together with Marie and our team of other writers, designers, and strategists, you’ll help generate world-class content that inspires people to take purposeful actions to create lives they truly love.
You’d be over the moon to earn a paycheck for these responsibilities:
- Mine and remix ideas from existing content to repurpose across multiple platforms
- Write headlines for articles, blog posts, and ads
- Generate ideas, research, write, and deliver original content
- Write warm and SEO friendly copy for web pages, help pages, show descriptions, etc.
- Brainstorm ideas for weekly content with the help of our creative team, driving high-potential go-getters to our email funnels
- Mine our inbox and social channels for strong testimonials and success stories, and brainstorm innovative ideas for sharing those stories in ways that help others
- Write copy and generate content ideas for Instagram and other social channels that aligns with our brand voice, including mini-lessons, takeaways from existing content, and gems from MarieTV episodes
- Collaborate with our tight-knit writing and creative teams to make progress on projects that are meaningful for both our community and our company, pitching in wherever needed
This describes you so well, it’s almost scary:
- You reside within the continental US
- You have at least 2+ years experience as a content marketer, and you’re comfortable ghost-writing in someone else’s voice
- You bring years of experience writing blog posts, video scripts, and social media copy that are effective in increasing engagement and bringing in new customers, and you’re happy to provide examples
- You’re a pro at writing enticing headlines and email subject lines that result in high open rates, and you can share examples where you nailed it
- It feels natural to write in a fun, conversational, emotional, relatable voice, and you have clips to prove it
- You have a sense of humor and bring it to your writing
- Instagram feels intuitive, and you’d enjoy applying your marketing chops and creative voice to that platform
- You’re 10,000% reliable, super organized, and consistently meet deadlines
- You’re not afraid to bring new ideas to the table, even if they’re different from what’s been done before, and you speak up when you notice opportunities for improvement
- You believe everything is figureoutable, and you’re confident in your ability to find solutions when you hit obstacles
- You appreciate and respect entrepreneurship, maybe even have a history of running your own business or side hustle, but you know in your heart that you work best as an employee for a successful company
- You’re comfortable and even thrive in fast-paced environments where you learn something new every day
- You have a basic understanding of how SEO works
- You’re comfortable creating images in Canva using templates
- You’ve taken B-School, The Copy Cure, or Time Genius (not mandatory, but a plus)
- Your experience includes working for a successful company or leader in the online world (not mandatory, but a plus)
- You bring expertise in split-testing marketing copy and building on those results (not mandatory, but a plus)
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Sound ah-mazing? Apply via the form below.
About Marie Forleo International
Marie Forleo International is a socially conscious digital empire founded by #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the most sought-after motivational coaches in the world, Marie Forleo. Our mission is to give people the tools they need to change their lives. We do this through our award-winning show MarieTV, The Marie Forleo Podcast and our online training programs like B-School and The Copy Cure.
We believe in the power of personal growth, laughter and life-long learning. Our motto is “everything is figureoutable,” and we’re dedicated to helping millions of big-hearted dreamers use their gifts to change the world.
We hire people who are motivated by our mission and passionate about creating positive change. Our team is remotely distributed; we care more about your work-ethic and attitude than your location.
How We Roll:
- Full autonomy over where you work, what you wear and which pet sits at your feet
- Paid medical and dental insurance, plus $1,500 HSA deposit
- Flexible Spending Account for health insurance and childcare
- 4 weeks company closure time off (exact dates determined by company)
- 10 days PTO
- Paid holidays
- 5 sick days
- 3 personal days to use as you choose
- 401(k) + company match
- Paid parental leave
- A team of colleagues who will make you laugh and support you every step of the way
Marie Forleo International is an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be themselves.
Apply for this position below.
Next Steps: We’ll review applications and respond after the application deadline. If we see your application as high potential, the next step is a writing trial. Thank you for being courageous with your application 🙏