You have gifts to share with the world and my job is to help you get them out there.read more
Last month, I flew to Houston (prior to Harvey) to interview someone I’m honored to call a friend, Dr. Brené Brown.
We were together at the Women’s March earlier this year. We could barely walk a few feet without someone stopping us to say hi, snap a selfie or simply thank Brené for the difference she’s made.At the end of my life I want to be able to say I contributed more than I criticized. @BreneBrown Click To Tweet
Her work has already transformed the lives of millions. I believe her latest book Braving The Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging & The Courage To Stand Alone is a must read for anyone who cares about doing their part to create a more caring and just world.
This conversation will likely go down as one of my MarieTV all-time favorites.
We cover a lot of ground in this conversation, including:
- Why we can’t stay silent on social issues due to fear of criticism or getting it wrong (Brené has a BA, MA and PhD plus 10 years of experience and still gets nervous)
- How to stay brave and civil while having difficult social and political conversations
- The vital distinction between dehumanizing and rehumanizing — this is crucial for us to understand and practice if we hope to heal the polarization in our country and world
- Why we must practice “braving” if we want to stay connected to ourselves and others
- How shaming others you disagree with never leads to positive outcomes
- The 5 words Maya Angelou shared that have shaped Brené’s speaking career
And so much more.
Check out this episode on The Marie Forleo PodcastListen Now
Once you’ve had a chance to watch, I’d love to know.
What is the most important insight you’re taking away from this conversation? And more importantly, how can you turn that insight into action right now? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Share as much detail as you’d like in your reply. Thousands of incredible souls come here each week for insight and inspiration, and your story may help someone else have a meaningful breakthrough.
Important: share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. will be deleted as they come across as spammy.
Thank you so much for reading, watching and sharing your voice. Your kindness continues to make this an extraordinary space for learning and growing.
With so much love,