Doesn’t matter what you might be dreaming of.
If any part of you longs to make and do really cool things in this world — write, paint, cook, dance, sing, speak, produce, code, act, bake, or just bedazzle your toothbrush…
Today’s show is an absolute must watch.
It’s a treasure map to unleash your most creative and expressive life. And our tour guide is none other than the legendary Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear. Here’s just a sampling of the gems you’re about to discover:
- The unconventional (and very specific) thing to say and do when fear tries to stop you from taking inspired risks
- The contract Liz made with her creativity long ago and why it’s made all the difference
- Why you shouldn’t try to “help” anyone with your art and what to focus on instead
- The vital distinction between originality and authenticity and how to manage “it’s all been done before” syndrome
- How to know whether or not you’re on the right creative path
Plus, if you’ve ever had the pleasure of seeing Liz speak (tens of millions have watched her Ted Talks and I’ve had the honor of seeing her move a stadium full of folks to tears), pay extra attention around the 25 minute mark.